Full Moon Race | Running in Kohler
1/2 Marathon & 5K
NOTE-The Full Moon Race is NOT being held in 2018. Look for it again in 2019!
August 12, 2017
The 1/2 Marathon is a wonderful run attended by hundreds of runners each year. The course is a point to point route with an overall downhill elevation and is set almost entirely on the paved Old Plank Trail bike path. Portions of the course feature rolling hills but many runners have set PR's on our course.
If you were to begin a half marathon in the morning you would see increasing temperatures as the day wore on. Since the FMR starts in the early evening, temperatures continuously drop as your race toward the fibnish. But be warned, it gets pretty dark at some points on the course. It's rural Wisconsin with few street lights so bring a headlight or flashlight if you need.
The 5K We are excited to also offer you a shorter distance to choose from. Whether you are not ready for the 13.1 mile half marathon or are looking for something to do while mom or dad are running from Plymouth, the 3.1 mile run could be for you. The course begins and ends on the Kohler High School Track - and joins the 1/2 marathon runners about 1.5 miles from the finish! The 7pm start should allow you time to see your loved one's start in Plymouth, and get back for the start of your own run.
Youth & Tots Runs Enjoy our FREE runs for our younger athletes! Depending on age and (mostly) ability, children 6 thru 14 can choose to run a lap (1/4 mile) around the track or the 200 yard tiny tots dash. No shirt, but each child gets a finisher medal. No timing - these events are for participation and fun.
|Fee Thru*:||4/18||6/18||7/30|| Close Of
| Youth 1/4
** Youth & Tots events must still register (no fee). T-shirt not included.
Race day registration is from 2PM to 5PM at
Kohler High School Atrium - 333 Upper Road Kohler, WI 53044
*** Register NOW! ***
Event T-Shirt (1/2 Marathon and 5k only. Excludes youth and Tots events)
Finishers Medal for everyone, including children in the kids' events.
Finisher Medals to all children in our Kids events.
Course support with aid stations and port-a-potties
Chip Timing (excludes kids' events)
Ambulances and EMS on course
Markers every mile
Promote the sport of running
Promote the use of Old Plank Road Trail
Provide a fully supported traing event for those training for a fall marathon
Encourage people to run their first Half Marathon with us this year!
Saturday 8/12/2017 Packet Pickup **ALL PARTICIPANTS**
- Packet Pickup and Race day registration
2:00P to 4:30P at Kohler High School's Ebben Field (Upper Rd side)Kohler, WI 5304
Cash or check ONLY - NO GUARANTEE of SHIRT
- Awards 8:45P at Kohler HS Stadium/Ebben Field:
Top 3 Men/Women overall; top 3 in 5 year age groups;
Saturday 8/12/2017 Race Time!
Half Marathon Run:
- REMEMBER-this is a point-to-point event!!
- Starting line is at Quit Qui Oc Sports Complex (1555 Riverview Rd, Plymouth WI.)
- The Finish Line will be at the Kohler Schools Track
- Shuttle Busses will be LEAVING Kohler High School (333 Upper Rd Kohler Wi.) at 4:45 p.m. to transport runners to the starting line of the 1/2 Marathon. (Quit Qui Oc Sports Complex)
- NOTE-If you drive yourself to the start, return transport to Quit Qui Oc Sports Complex is NOT available after the race.
- Arrive at Kohler High School's Ebben Field (Upper Rd side) any time between 2:00 and 4:30 p.m. the day of the race and pick up your packet.
- At 4:45 p.m. make sure you are on the bus! BE ON TIME!
- START-6pm from Quit Qui Oc Sports Complex (1555 Riverview Rd, Plymouth WI.)
- REMEMBER-this run starts and finishes at Kohler High School track
- The course runs out of the track, through the Village of Kohler, and joins with the 1/2 Marathon route at Woodland Dr.
- START- 7:00pm
- The Finish Line will be at the Kohler School Track